Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Am I going to regret this?


Hopefully at this time tomorrow night, Mari and I will have landed safely (and on time) in Cincinnati and should be boarding our plane to St. Louis. We leave Richmond at 6:15 and hope to be in St. Louis at 9:15 (10:15 our time)...please pray that everything goes smoothly. Since Mari's bedtime is usually 7ish, I'm hoping for some night-night time during travel. And I'm praying that the first flight will be on time because we only have about 50 minutes in Cincinnati between flights. Augh!

We will be picked up at the airport by Mari's younger boyfriend, Mamush. We are all staying at the same hotel and Jenni and Jim are being lifesavers and playing chauffeur for the weekend. That way, I did not have to worry about renting a car and carseat or lugging a carseat around the airport. Thanks guys! On Saturday, we are going to the CHI Reunion Picnic where we will meet up with lots of close friends we've never met (kind of weird how the adoption/blogging friendships work!). We will get to spend lots of time with some familiar faces...Mari's older boyfriend Micah, J & S & E, Spud (who I met in Ethiopia and can't wait to see how he's grown), Anna, Ash, and Nataly. It will be interesting to see who else shows up and who I recognize from their blogs.

We will fly home on Sunday, leaving St. Louis at 12:00 (1:00 here) and should land in Richmond at 4:45. Again, only a 50 minute layover in Cincinnati so let's hope everything goes smoothly. I won't have bedtime to help me out but maybe naptime will kick in. Or maybe Mari will just be super good and content to fly, she certainly was a stellar flyer coming home from Ethiopia. But that was before she could wiggle and scream and throw fits and run away from Mommy and need constant Cheerios, etc.

So I hope to have lots of pix to share when we get home but I have to be at work bright and early Monday, so it may take me a few days to post.

2 comments:

gigglechirp said...

I hope I'm able to sleep tonight!

Cheers for peaceful happy travels,
J

Jennifer said...

Hi - It was so good to meet you. I hope you had a good trip home - get some rest! :-)

Jennifer