Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

6 Months Home!

Wow, it is so hard to believe that we've been home for 6 months. So much has happened, Mari is growing so quickly. She has just come alive lately. Or maybe I should say she has become "lively." She is full-throttle now. She is very spirited and mostly a happy baby. Her tantrums are short but very loud! She is talking all the time now and getting more intelligible. If you tell her it is bath time, she will walk to the bathroom and stand next to the tub to watch the water. She has finally really taken to reading and will sit and look at a book on her own (in one of the very brief minutes that she sits still) and she now will carry a book over to me and wiggle her little butt until she is sitting on my lap, pushing away anything I may be working on or petting (in the case of a certain dog). She has started to use a spoon and gets it right about 1 out of every 4-5 bites...messy, but she is getting more resistent to Mommy feeding her.

I bought a sippy sup with a straw to try; it took her about 20 minutes to figure it out, she got the sucking part down but kept wanting to flip it up so the other end of the straw wasn't in the milk. She finally got it but then I noticed that the combination of soft plastic and sharp teeth was not so good...so it got trashed right before she bit the straw in half. We also tried crayons, Crayola Tadoodles. Again, the teeth thing was an issue so those will be tried again later.

So life is moving forward in the fast lane. She was supposed to stay in the infant room at daycare until sometime in August but they called today and want to move her now. They said that she is so lively (I think she is running over all the babies) and they feel she will be happier with the toddlers. She apparently stands at the gate that separated the two rooms and watches them all day.

Impressive, huh? Modern art? Turtle under the duck's hat--maybe the duck was hungry?
I showed Mari where to sit her toys (instead of throwing them out of the tub) and she now lines the tub with them. I love the sweet, innocent look on her face.


I put Mari down for a nap the other day and kept checking on her. All I could see from the door was her head as she sat in the crib playing. After about 30 minutes of wondering why she hadn't gone to sleep, I went all the way in the room and found her sound asleep. Looks comfy, huh?

My first July 4th!! Maybe next year Mommy will have gotten her act together and made me a citizen!!

Great picture...falling, falling, boom.

Sippy cup with a straw. Too bad I bit right through it!

3 comments:

Chad & Lesa said...

I love the picture of her falling asleep sitting up in the crib! She is just to cute. And I loved the slide show. Chad and I watched it last night. I can't believe how fast the time has gone!

gigglechirp said...

Oh my, I cannot wait till Friday!!!

I just may overdose on cute.

Rachel said...

I love your blog!! Mari has got to be the happiest baby ever! Love those smiles. She has grown so much in the few months I've been stalking your blog. You two make a wonderful team.

Rachel