Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 23, 2008

Long time, no post.

Sorry for the long time between posts. Mari and I have been enjoying a couple of weeks of just "Mommy & Mari time." It has been very pleasant and my little girl is absolutely blossoming. She is quickly becoming a comedian (and the bigger the audience, the more silly she gets). She can fake cry, laugh, sneeze, cough, and now we have added fake "oh" for surprises. While her talking has increased exponentially, the amount you can actually understand has not changed...she is in a constant state of babble but still with the same amount of actual words as before. She is using words more appropriately now...when I ask her if it is time to leave or time to go somewhere, she will say "bye-bye." She looks at the dog and says "wuf-wuf" even though she still calls him a "kit-cat." And the cutest thing is that she seems to know that her socks and shoes go on her feet because she grabs the socks away from me and sticks them on the bottom of her foot. When you put her shoes on, she says "bye-bye."

Walking is getting much better. I noticed a huge difference just today (maybe because I was away from her all day). She was getting better about taking off and was making it farther and farther as long as she was distracted. If she realized she was walking, she would fall down or cheer so much that she knocked herself off balance. Tonight she was taking off purposefully and even trying to turn a little. She had a great day at her new daycare center today (I LOVE it, at least so far). She even had pizza for lunch...okay, whatever.

Started my new job today. VERY different world than what I’ve been used to. I very definitely will miss the clinical aspects of nursing and this new field will take some getting used to. I left today with a monsterous headache (not used to that much screen time) and sore feet (new shoes and lot of walking) and soaking wet (freak rain storm while walking to my car). But dinner, caffeine, ibuprofen, and Mari snuggles made everything better. So, it’s going to be awhile before I am even close to understanding half of my job–not a position I’ve been in for a LONG time. But my new coworkers are super nice and supportive and I have to admit, the hours are awesome. I even have next Friday (July 4th off, paid!!!!!!).

Well, on to some pix.


Play date with little Cooper.
The view outside my front door. I never get tired of it.

Hmm...Lesa, do you think Mari will get good driver points from State Farm?

Probably not if she drives this sleepy.

Or if she drinks and drives. (No, she did not drink any Coke...give me a little credit people!)

Mmmm. Mommy's spaghetti is so much better than that jar stuff.

Hair photos...finger curls.

Ponytails and natural curls.

This video I'm calling "Mama kisses." It's the best.

9 comments:

LISA said...

How cute!! I love the little video!
Hey, I work at Farm Bureau,I'll give Mari the Good Student Discount! LOL! She would probably drive better than me!

Mom to many said...

OH - she just makes me giggle. What an absolute cutie. We leave Sunday to get our little Destiny - so thrilled and excited and nervous about the flying and all of that combined. YIKES> Just looking at Mari pictures makes me think "I can do this!"

Chad & Lesa said...

I'm not sure State Farm wants to insure anymore Catlett's...haha!

Glad the new job went well on the first day!

See you when we get back@

gigglechirp said...

Cute! Congrats on getting through the first day, too! Mari's hair is adorable. Love the video

MandyJo013078 said...

I'm glad to hear that the new job and daycare are going well! The pictures are so cute and I love hearing/seeing the video! That's just so sweet! Have a wonderful day! MJ

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

Great post! And I love the curls! Wondered what your new job is? I am a NICU nurse at our local hospital and I was curious.

Annie said...

thanks for the update...I loved reading about Mari and then getting to the video was just the BEST...I got tears in my eyes. How wonderful life is with a daughter, isn't it?

and remember your job will get easier with time.

Stacie said...

I was wondering how the new job was going!
Her hair looks awesome - I love those curls.
Cute cute video. Why does Micah still kiss with his mouth open? How did you get Mari to give real kisses? He seriously still licks people. :)

The Taylor Family said...

So jealous of the view from your house! :)

Mari sounds like she's really blossoming. They learn so much, so quickly at this age. It's so amazing!

Love her hair! Malachi's is getting really long, but I can't bear the thought of cutting it right now. Their curls are just too cute!