Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Love Affair

  • Before I knew what a "lovey" was....
  • Before I knew what how effective a transitional object could be in helping with attachment....
  • Before I even met my daughter....
I met this little guy.
I thought he was a cute, soft, easily packable toy. A gift from my friend/coworker Pam, I planned to take the small giraffe lovey to Ethiopia with me. It fit the criteria of small, soft, quiet, comforting...exactly the kind of non-overwhelming toy that was suggested you take to a baby that has lived their life in an understimulating environment.

Little did I know what would happen.......
The first night....yes, the FIRST night, Mari fell in love with this little guy. It probably had something to do with the fleece blanket that lined her bed at the transition home, the one she sucked on to go to sleep. Which explains why she still, to this day, sucks on fleece to soothe herself.

This is her second night with Raffey
And flying home, to her forever home....with Raffey

Settling in at home....with Raffey


Chilling with Raffey

Falling asleep anywhere with Raffey

Yes, Raffey is green now. We have moved up to a total of 4 Raffeys - 3 green, 1 yellow (which is now in her memory box)

In all kinds of fun sleeping positions

Like I said....anywhere

Anytime

We never leave home without Raffey

Even when naptime is unwelcome, Raffey is there

Raffey keeps me company in hotel rooms in St. Louis

And lays beside me when I'm down for the count

Raffey even likes to snuggle with Granddad

Raffey goes to school with me

And makes a great blanket

And makes me take a nap on Christmas Day even though I wanted to play more

Raffey is always with me, even when I'm a squiggle worm

And he always comes first when I have new friends to sleep with

Raffey helped me when I got tubes in my ears

And helps me get through really long hair sessions

Sometimes it takes more than one Raffey to do the trick!

And when I had pneumonia, Raffey never left my arms

Even a diva needs Raffey

And this is how Raffey helps me when I'm stressed

Barney is great....but he's not Raffey

Raffey loves to play games and always gets my jokes

He understands bad hair days nights

And helps me go to sleep in a strange hotel room when I am dying to just play on the beach outside my window

Raffey helps me with my breathing treatments

But most of all....Raffey is my BEST friend!!!





15 comments:

bbrown said...

So cute! Annie is now 6 and she still sleeps each night with her Taggie. :)

The Taylor Family said...

Oh, how sweet! I love seeing all these snippets of Mari's life--with Raffey by her side.

Did her tubes come out yet? Is she getting some relief from the constant ear infections (especially with winter fast approaching)?

Missy said...

That was so sweet!! What great pics...so adorable!

Chrissy said...

Thanks for sharing the pics and the great idea as to what to take with me when I get to travel! I am as well single and waiting for a referral, so THANK YOU for sharing :-)

Robbin Hopkins said...

Oh a girl and her BFF!!! too cute

Sam's mom said...

love it! and I think it's awesome you have a photo journal of Raffey.

Troy and Rachel said...

Raffy is well loved! I loved all those different sleeping photos "anywhere"!!

Me. Us. She. said...

This was too cute. Amanda

Leila said...

This made my day. So cute!!

Chad & Lesa said...

That is the sweetest post and she is so darn cute!!!

Amanda said...

I loved, loved, loved this post, Jill. I'm sure Mari's going to be so thankful that you have those pictures of her with Raffey.

Julianne said...

Raffey even knows his way to Kentucky!

Mom to many said...

Awwwww - I want a Raffey, too!

ts said...

That is so lovely! My girl has her babies and boy she has a lot of them, but her special guy is a soft pooh bear that goes everywhere we do. I just found your blog tonight and your girl is BEAUTIFUL. Cheers,
T.

Julie said...

What a cute post Jill. Loved it!