Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, January 5, 2009

1st Famiversary Reviewed

Since I provided you with plenty of video footage on the last post, I'll not bore you with another video. Just a quick recap of our special day on Friday.

We basically had no agenda, other than whatever we wanted. That kept almost-2-year-old tantrums to a minimum because I didn't care that it took her 6 years to eat her breakfast, and 25 weeks to get dressed, etc.

We started out by going to Pufferbellies for storytime. This was Mari's first ever storytime and Susan said she did really well. She wasn't perfect but not bad. She did, however, rock it with stringing the foam beads on the yarn and we ended up with 2 necklaces...she was the only kid (and she was the youngest, by far) that had the patience to do them!
We then stopped to see Grandma at work before heading home for lunch and a nap.

We continued our celebration (after some playtime) with supper, cake, and presents...cause we all know that there have not been enough presents lately! (Which reminds me, I haven't posted about Christmas Round #3 on New Years Eve...I'll do that later).

Here is my gift to me. You can find them at the AHope Store.

Mari's gifts were a great, custom-made doll by fellow adopter (with a recent referral for a baby girl!!) Autumn and a picture book I made at Snapfish.

Mari eating her favorite dinner, spaghetti (except I cheat and give her ziti cause it's easier to eat and less messy!)

Yummy ICE CREAM cake!


What blue icing can do for you!



Looking nicely at her picture book. It's now succumbed to the fast fingers of a tear-happy toddler. Yes, one page ripped out already...but it taped back together pretty nicely.

Cousin Madi came over to play for the evening. The girls had a BLAST together. It is so much fun just to sit back and watch them.
The clothes were an accident but it's pretty cute. And yes, Madi's bib perfectly matches the barrettes that Mari had in her hair all day and I had not yet taken out. Go figure!

8 comments:

Annie said...

What a wonderful way to spend your special day! Congrats again :) Mari really loves her doll.

Maya has those same pj's too--

Sweet Patience said...

You have a wonderful blog. I came across your blog today on another blog. Your post on not all sunshine and rainbows was so touching.
Kristy

Amanda said...

Beautiful day! :)
I like the blue mouth picture...

Troy and Rachel said...

Happy Famiversary! I love that term!! Looks like you had a great day and that ice cream cake looks yummy!!!

Mom to many said...

Oh my GOODNESS she is CUTE! I use Carol's Daughter products in Destiny's hair, but it is not as long as Mari's. I use the Black Vanilla Leave In Conditioner, then the Hair Milk - maybe once a week... and I have the Kohret Ahmi Hair Smoothie which we LOVE and one other one that really works well, but smells like sandalwood - not so fond of that smell. I can't remember what that one is. I only wash her hair once a week at the very most and use just Johnson and Johnson wash cloth with the preloaded soap. I just wash her hair with that first, and then go from there. I have been tempted to try other on the shelf products, but I really love what we have - so why change? I have not restocked anything and got it all when she came in July... granted she has more hair now so we are using more, but it really lasts. I tried the baby bath but I think it stinks... funny smell. What do you use? You can e=mail me at weels1@hotmail.com Sorry my comment is SOOOO long. I could not find your e-mail address.

Julie said...

Sounds like so much fun. I loved the picture of her hugging the doll. So sweet.

The Journey said...

I LOVE the new picture at the top, she is so adorable!

Laura said...

My goodness, she is one of the most photogenic kids ever! Adorable and such a sweet video! Happy Famiversary!:)