Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Growing the 'Fro and Playdates

Time for more updates (with lots of pix!!!). Mari's hair is growing super fast and I think I might actually be getting the hang of taking care of it (maybe?). Today the 'fro was very fluffy and soft and the hairband managed to stay in place for hours because it had so much to hold in place. We've had a great weekend together just playing around. Cousin Madi came over yesterday for a play date and the two girls are SO cute together (can't wait to add in #3--just a couple more months!).

New Mari-isms:

  • plays with cars by driving them around the room (don't know where she learned that!)
  • can high-five
  • plays peek-a-boo with her hands now (instead of her blankie)--usually she misses her eyes and smacks both hands on her forehead
  • tries to blow kisses, loves to grab your hand and help you blow kisses
  • when you ask Mari how big she is, she will hold both hands up in the air (unfortunately she doesn't hold them very far apart so it looks like she is not-so-big)
  • getting very mobile while holding on to stuff (will be walking soon...augh!)
  • vocabulary: da (dog), mama, kit-kat (kitty cat), bye-bye, iiii (hi), na-na (nite-nite, I think), uh-oh, vveerr (vroom when she plays with cars)
  • climbing...this girl can climb all over everything and has no depth preception yet so she launches off things as well (any predictions on # of stitches by age 2?)

On to pictures!


Mari got stuck in this plastic toy bin.


Hey, who's that?
Dainty Drummer!

Sharing balls!
NOT sharing. These next few pix are of the battle of Madi's pacifier.







Worn out after all that playing (she stayed in this position for 3 hours until I woke her up)

My need for organization has worked it's way into Mari's hair stuff. This is a fishing tackle box...works well!

This smells better than cat food!


Yum!

Check out my 'Fro!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love the hair!!! Think she will let me play with it when I come watch her??? Haha She is adorable...I just love the pictures!!

~Heather

gigglechirp said...

cutie patootie pie!

N said...

How adorable! :)

Stacie said...

how do you get her to leave her headband on? Ryelynn pulls her off right away

Stacie said...

So cute - love the sleeping position! And, you have to come visit this summer (for the reunion). I have to meet this girl in person! Do you want me to start watching travelocity for deals? :)

LISA said...

Gosh she's cute!!!
Love the hair care case!
Good idea, smarty!! ;)

Carey and Norman said...

I love the hair. It is precious. It looks like Mari is doing very well. I love the photo in the crib with the foot hiked up on the rail. Very sweet. I also loved the afro puffs too. How cute are those? She is a doll and I'm sure you shower her with kisses daily...I know I would!

Glad you are doing good!

The Taylor Family said...

I just love that red-striped outfit and THE HAIR! Oh my goodness, she is so, so, so adorable!

Thanks for sharing the Mari-isms. I always look forward to hearing about her newest tricks.

Ceci said...

Jill, she is adorable! I am part of the valleyadopt yahoo group and wanted to check out your blog. Hopefully we can meet one day! Check out our blog at:
http://grayfamilyadoption.blogspot.com

-Ceci

Annie said...

I'm ga-ga over that smile!!!

Mom to many said...

She is SOOO cute! Makes me want to get my little Destiny NOW... I guess I still need that court date first. How long did you wait for yours? I am going on three weeks and still no word. hmmmm...