Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

We've come a long way, baby!

So yesterday marked 12 weeks at home!! Wow does time fly. It seems like Mari has always been here and a part of my life but, in reality, 12 weeks is a very short period of time. And it is amazing the distance we have come. Tomorrow is Mari's one-year-old check-up at the doctor's and I'm looking forward to updated stats.
So let's review:

  1. When we came home, Mari was on formula and "porridge," and had started on rice cereal in Ethiopia. Now she has eaten pretty much every Gerber Stage 1, 2, and 3 as well as starting on table food. Her favorites are lasagna, mangos, and green beans. And only oatmeal for breakfast. And now we are moving into the world of whole milk.
  2. When we came home, Mari could not sit up on her own but could roll over and scoot around backwards. Now she is crawling on all fours, standing up like crazy and into everything.
  3. When we came home Mari could only say "ah-dah." Now we say "da" for dog, "mama", "bye-bye", and "kit-kat" for kitty-cat (which impressed the vet today!).
  4. When we came home, Mari could "happy-shake" her head. Now she claps for herself, waves bye-bye, helps put her clothes on by pulling her shirt down over her head or putting her arms through the sleeves.
  5. When we came home, Mari found comfort in only in her bottle (that sounds wrong) and, while she liked to be held, she would just sit in your arms. Now she reaches for you, grabs on, crawls over for hugs and has become much more snuggly. The best is when she crawls over and lays her head on your chest...pure heaven!

I'm sure there are more little things that have "blossomed" but these are the big differences.

So, on to some pix.


I'm too cute!

This is what happens when I miss my afternoon nap. I fall asleep sitting up, waiting on Mom to put me to bed.

My great kitchen that I got for my birthday from the grandparents!

The back of the kitchen...it's a family room!
Me, standing at the sink!
Me, standing in the tub.
Who says you can't back-hand a sippy cup? I'm a lefty...maybe.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mari is gorgeous!!

The Taylor Family said...

Jill thanks for sharing a "progress report." It's wonderful to see how much Mari's grown and all that she's learned in such a short time. And, what a cutie!

Stacie said...

Oh she's so sweet! I really hope you come in town this summer - I want to meet this little cutie!!! And so does Micah! :) They're about the same developmentally, although she has more words. Girls are always smarter than boys right? :)

gigglechirp said...

Mamush sends kisses to gorgeous Mari!

love the pictures! time flies!

Annie said...

Can't believe it's been 3 months already--

loved the update...oh, how she is growing up!

LISA said...

Ohhhhh, how precious is the falling asleep picture!!! I LOVE it!!She's just a beautiful baby girl!!