Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, June 11, 2010

Week 23 of 52

Yet another week down. I think this one has been, by far, the worst one we've ever had behavior-wise. Mari has not been a fun person to be around and my patience has been short - not a good combination. She has tested me in every way possible and pushed me to my limit...but we've come out the other side with our heads above water. There are a lot of things around the house that have been left undone, yard is a mess, projects unfinished....but these things will keep. The latter part of the week has been better and I think things will be back to normal soon (well, as normal as we get around here!).

2010: 06/10
Mari is finally adept enough with the mouse to play her LeapFrog games semi-solo.
Here she is concentrating on kicking pies with the Backyardigans.
2010: 06/09
Yet another letter set done!! We only have 5 letters left to go (QVWXZ) - and those are the letters they been working on most lately since it's the end of the school year!
2010: 06/08
Practicing tracing lines.
I bought some tracing books in KY at a teacher supply store - Mari loves them and it is helping her with writing her letters better.
(Is it me or does she look really old in this picture?)
2010: 06/07
Mari helped me cook dinner - I gave her an ear of corn to shuck but didn't tell her what it was...just told her to unwrap it.
She was pretty excited when she finally got through the layers.
"Mommy, there's a corn in here!!"
2010: 06/06
Mari just being Mari.
2010: 06/05
My niece Madi turned 3 and all the cousins had a blast celebrating with her. I love how all three girls play together so well.
2010: 06/04
We got our little pool filled up and ready for summer....Mari got in even before the hose had finished filling it. It was FREEZING! That didn't stop her from trying to get Mommy all wet!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

She is Adorable. The corn shucking photo may be a classic. You have to love how the little things are just so exciting to kids.

The Taylor Family said...

I'm so sorry you had a rough week, Jill.