Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Monday, June 8, 2009

Ethiopia Heritage and Culture Camp!!!

Who is coming?? Mari and I are signed up to attend this year’s Ethiopia Heritage and Culture Camp. It has been hosted on the West Coast for the last decade or so and this year, they have picked a venue on the East Coast….only about 30 minutes from my house!!! That is AMAZING considering that I live in a semi-rural area and definitely not anywhere close to any Ethiopian communities.

So, if you are free July 24-26 and want to learn about Ethiopian culture, come and enjoy the beautiful Shenandoah Valley. There will be cooking lessons, hair braiding, guest speakers, dancing groups, activities for the kids, etc. And the BEST part…meeting with other families. I have a new friend locally that is currently in the waiting process for an infant from Ethiopia and she and her husband will be attending. Ashton will also be coming and we can’t wait to meet him and his family…I get the feeling that he and Mari will be very much kindred spirits and I can’t wait to meet Mike and Jo.

Anyone else going? Put a comment on here and let me know! And it’s not just for adoptive families, it’s open to everyone…so come join us!

10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Next year Jill...I will be there!!! It sounds like such fun, wish I could come this year but I can't make it happen:-(

Alida said...

Hey Jill, I wish I could come but we're saving money for the Ethiopia trip and we don't have our little girl yet. Maybe next year .... I hope and pray we'll have her by then. Mari is such an adorable little lady ... and so photogenic ..... make sure you take lots of pics to share. Ya'll have fun and enjoy the camp. Alida

The Taylor Family said...

Wish we could go...I look forward to hearing about it. Hopefully next year.

Thanks for all the great posts and videos. The video of Mari at the dinner table was TOO CUTE!!!

The Journey said...

We can't wait! We decided to drive instead of fly so wish us luck...I think we're going to break the trip up along the way and make pit stops in Phili and DC which should help. Are you going to the Chicago BU also?

Oh, and I CANT WAIT for Ash to see Mari in person, he's been watching videos of her for over a year now (well, actually exactly one year today!) so I'm sure he'll recognize her right away.

Julie said...

How fun Jill. I can't wait to go to our culture camp next year.

I wanted to tell you that we also believe our children are on the waiting child page and are working at trying to adopt them. Not sure if we will be allowed to, however, we are not giving up. Thanks for thinking of us.

Julie

Mom to many said...

Oh man that would be a blast! Where EXACTLY is it? I think it is way too far away for us in good ol' South Dakota. Why is everything so far away for us? That is the joy of breathing the good prairie air, I guess.... no culture, but good air!

Troy and Rachel said...

That sounds like fun! I know you two will enjoy yourselves!

Bruce: said...

When and where? Or do we pick a place and show when we want?

Julie said...

Hi Jill,

Thanks so much for your words of comfort today. They mean more than you will ever know.

Julie

Shawn said...

Hi. I just linked to your blog from Robin's. We are still waiting for our referral, but my son and I will be attending. It sounds like it will be a great program.