Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I know, it's been forever.

I'm a bad blogger. Blame it on facebook. Blame it on a debilitating hand malady. Blame it on having a monster instead of a little girl these days.

Mari has been nuts the last little bit. She had another rough day at school on Friday, just throwing unprovoked tantrums. I think it may be a potty-training thing...she started fussing and stamping her feet for me this weekend and we either went to the potty or she had a wet diaper a few minutes later. She's also finally getting some molars, all four I think...I felt at least three that were just about through the surface. So who knows. But her halo definitely needs some polishing lately.

On the other hand, when she is happy...she's a hoot. She is growing up SO fast and it learning things left and right. Her vocabulary has really picked up lately although I've noticed her not enunciating as well (maybe her ears are bothering her or maybe she's just going too fast these days). She's also made some great strides in her motor skills; loves climbing, is running, trying to jump, can get herself off the couch and my bed, loves to help get dressed (and takes her coat off all the time). The spoon/fork thing is going slowly...literally. She is just in too big a hurry to eat, but she is doing better with it. She LOVES drinking out of an open cup. She pooped in the potty today (and it was a regular toilet at my parents house...still freaked her out again but she stayed put instead of panicking and running through the house pooping like the last time).

My cousins Juli and Christy came from KY last weekend with all the kids (Logan almost 5, Brendan 4.5, and Callie 1.5). We had a lot of fun and boy was my house crazy!

Yesterday, we had our first meeting of our Playgroup with a Purpose. See that blog for pix and info.

Enjoy the montage...it's a little long but there are some cute video clips in there.

4 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Mari has the most precious smile and I love the curls!! I thought her fixing her own hair was so sweet. It looks like she keeps you busy!!

The Taylor Family said...

She is so cute!!! I just want to give her a big squeeze!

Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Mom to many said...

Well - naughty or nice - she is the cutest thing ever!!! Love those ponies... can't wait for Destiny's to grow just a bit more so I can do those puffy pony tails.

Annie said...

Oh, what a cute montage! I love when she is curling her hair (you're right...like Mari needs a curling iron ;) and when she's talking in the bathtub. She's just precious.