Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Referral-versary!


My Dear Mari,

One year ago today, I looked into the eyes of an angel. I didn't know what the coming days, weeks, months, years would bring but I knew in an instant that I was totally in love with a beautiful little girl. Your face was so solemn waiting on your joy to come; your fingers curled waiting on a warm hand to take it and hold on forever. I'll never forget looking at your picture that first time, I was so overjoyed I could hardly breathe. I was about to change your world and your life forever but you will never understand how you have changed mine. I love you from the bottom of my heart and I will always be a better person because you came into my life.

Love forever,
Mommy

7 comments:

gigglechirp said...

Happy Referral Day!

loce to you both,
J, J & M

Chad & Lesa said...

Such a sweet letter - something Mari will have forever!

Jennifer said...

How sweet! It's amazing how a picture can change your world, huh?

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I went out and got a shadow box today to make a Treadwell collage. Great idea!

Jennifer

Mom to many said...

Oh - how wonderful. One year later and all is well. You both look so happy and simply perfect together.

Annie said...

just beautiful, Jill. Happy Referral Day :) I was in NH for my brother's wedding weekend and I checked blogs at the hotel computer in the lobby. I got so excited to see your referral post! What a beautiful family you two are.

Stacie said...

I'm so late - but this is beautiful. I remember seeing that picture for the first time - it is so amazing! Love to you both from all of us (especially Micah to Mari :)

Zaza's Mama said...

Love this post..We just received our referral for a 7 week old girl on October 10th and reading your reaction to Mari's photo brings tears to my eyes as I type. I never knew what instantaneous love would feel like but it is real isn't it.

Dawn Webber