Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Working on Nursery

I cleaned out "Ollie's Room" this weekend in preparation for a nursery. I'm sticking with the light blue on the walls so I don't have to paint. The bedding set I picked out is a safari theme (going with my favorite - giraffes) in blue and yellow gingham--like the picture on the right. I already have a couple of stuffed giraffes and the carved ones Dad brought me from Kenya. I want to get the picture of the mother giraffe bending over the baby giraffe for the wall. So far the only thing in the room is a white rocker (redistributed from the porch--very comfortable and Mom is going to make cushions to match the curtain already hanging). There is a small bookshelf with lots of kids books--thanks to years of collecting and a quick trip to the Green Valley Book Fair. And tonight I ordered a crib and changing table/dresser online. I found the one I wanted (Storkcraft Rochester) and hunted around to find prices that were good and reasonable shipping. I succeeded after several hours.

I know it is a little early to get the nursery ready but I need something to do. My first home study appointment isn't until April 5th and, until I get my birth certificate in the mail, none of my other paperwork can be started. So at least starting on the big stuff in the nursery makes it feel like I'm moving forward.

1 comments:

Chad & Lesa said...

Jillsey, you are more prepared than Chad and I. We are so excited that our daughter will have a cousin to play with!!!